Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Day 3

progress

Last night I pushed too hard and got frustrated. Tonight I chilled and quit trying vibrato first. Going back to scales and finding the center, things seemed to come along some. I focused on relaxing my neck, keeping in center, and as the night progressed discovered a clean vibration on G!. 1 about 8 cycle vibration... I was happy, but stopped so I could entrench how I got there in my mind.

I also started playing the music I'm working on with centers in mind, and that is what helped me I think instead of beating my head against the wall as I did last night. Played slowly through "Minuet in G" and started memorizing official bowing and accents.

Played a little Wohlfahrt. I'm not pushing myself in my regiment until I can ease into it centered and so forth.

1 Comments:

Blogger al justice said...

scales
detache
staccato
shifting
martele
colle
3rd position
vibrato

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home