Sunday, April 08, 2007

Day 140

Good night..... Got everything done, though wasn't as focused as could've been on some Suzuki. Played about an hour and a half beyond practice for pleasure. Finished sketching almost 2nd theme from BWV 997, or at least got past the sticking point, and down through the very last measures... It was more difficult because I was transposing it as I learned it by ear, though I had originally learned it by tablature on guitar.

Sarabande (997) is a wonderful song for violin to me. I like the challenge of taking the lutish guitar treatment to violin detached notes, as well as the various things I'm learning to do with the detache runs on the first theme. The second theme has some neat challenges as well--all the way down to the very last notes. I'll be adding to the basic structure for some time just to get all the accents I can incorporated--for instance I skipped a measure that can now be worked in as a counterpoint choosing purely melody the first time around. The next level, I hope to add a couple chords on the very first measure of theme 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home