Thursday, February 15, 2007

Day 90

Pretty good day.... I'm stepping up my relaxed playing notions a little, but have to move slowly. There are several elements to consider at once now, so this will take awhile--but well worth it--I really like what I'm hearing, and want it to continue...

Martini, some Suzuki 1 , scales, free-style. I'm not sure exactlly how to proceed, but think I'll go back and do some reviewing of already learned stuff, and free style so I can focus on all the elements at once:
1. light bow hold, relaxed wrist and elbow, motions from wrist and forearm, arm below bow.
2. centered playing with zero tension: neck, shoulders.
3. holding the instrument a little higher, with efficent light arm sway under instrument that considers reach and etc.

I'm finding that though still a little sloppy when I get carried away, that these adjustments haven't been as bad as some might lead one to believe. I can tell that I'm going to have to work with them over the next few months to keep them, but that's quite alright. I was playing around with Witches Dance and having alot of fun mimicking Emil. His rendition is cool...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home