Monday, July 16, 2007

Day 1E

Ho hum, but really fairly good. I think tonight I felt my first groovin' with many actually most of the things I've been working on, meaning of course very relaxed, with fuller resonant sound present, clean vibrato and an 'ok' feeling. A little weary from the past couple days I'm sure.

And, a new layer of digging in presented itself. There in the past were a lot of moments when resonance was fairly good for my level. This new layer is just an intensification of that with more hair, more weight and gosh almighty sound. Also, I was able to do some nice little colle based martele on the fly very nicely--that was spayshul--actually it was.

These elements have been described earlier. And that left shoulder table thing. I really hammered on it, using both teacher's approaches I think as well as my own, as well as Raphael K's.. Do it again--now again, now again. I think Laurie Niles might have put me on this, though I also think I always have, and the association might be somewhat coincidence, but nonetheless was recent.

So, more of the same in Greensboro tomorrow night I suppose. Lift left arm>right shoulder shoulder, find parallel nearly elbow, practice pushing it forward where shoulder stays level. Do it again.

Anyway, just played around--basically all over the place: folk, etudes, Suzuki, uh various unexpected sounds I'm sure. The first time I just playfully did 16n/bow it was really messy, but I'm feeling those string crossings gliding now, though it's still 'arrivin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home