Thursday, November 23, 2006

Day 5

mmm, didn't really mess with vibrato much.. I did scales a little faster, some Wohlfahrt, worked more on Suzuki since I neglected it last night, cheated a litte by jumping to Gavotte in Gm in S3--I love that song. Minuet in G is coming along nicely. Also went back to Gavotte from Mignon to start 'finishing' it. Played around with Lully-w-metronome and was doing good breathing, staying relaxed, staying in tempo on the detaches passages and staying centered.

Played 'generally' from center, but I 'm having a little trouble when I'm trying to read the music--AND--keep jawline light and flexible. I'll ask about this. I think I know the answer but,,,...

I find I do better practicing what I will call Alex., with music I already know and don't have to look at the music.

Jammed 'a little'. See afterburner

Afterburner: Well, after I chilled awhile, and after writing the above, I jammed some more. And I experienced some of the power I mentioned when I started this blog. My support of the instrument though not perfect is 'really' improving nicely. I am very impressed. I'm finding myself finding that center, and I also took it on myself to minimize my chin contact with the instrument to help recompensate for my previous habit of leaning on it too much. The increase in resonance, brightness and power when the following elements come together is awesome:
a-balancing with southpaw bearing the weight though lightly.
b-centered
c-nice flowing tuck.
d-adjusting the arc and plane for reach.
e-thinking ahead.
f-good focus.
I was jamming on Scarboro Fair on G/D and the vibrato was nice on both; and, I can feel my left arm wanting to get around flowingly. This has been such a journey. My posture literally held me back for months. I think I'm even emarassed a little. I am so anxious to continue improving with this. The improvement has been that significant. Also, I started messing around with double stops again-w-balanced considered and was nicely surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home