Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Day 143

Good night.... Got a late start but focus was nice, all considered. I haven't put Min_G on the shelf yet, and tonight played it like it knew it was on a slippery slope in my repetoire--I'm thinking about using it to practice spiccato with in the trio just for the heck of it.

I have a few minutes left over before I do my current etudes, so I integrate whole bow vibrato along with bow changes for deeper exposure.

I've been noticing a little improvement in my upbow staccato--I think maybe because I've been focusing on getting the nervousness out of my bow arm in general. I was bouncing that bow on the Min_G trio (actually a little too much), but it was fun. Also though, the clean detatched passes were cleaner too.....

Trying to get the last phrase of theme 2 Sarabande under hat tonight. I just jammed through the double stop type detache string crossings and they sounded 'fairly' good.


I'm getting really consistent in my goal of silking on Air on G string--oh yes--I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home