Tuesday, October 09, 2007

October 10, 2007

Where am I????? Well first tonight's picture, then the big picture.

Tonight, I finally flowed back into my tuck--I'm loving where this is going. Starting out awkward and slow a little, I completed a full program of technical and music practice. Plus a little.

The big picture, since I half-heartedly tried to blog here last since my previous 100+'way plus' day session, is really big.

I'm still very much on basics, but things are starting to click all over the place. I've been blogging over at violinist.com a lot though, so an audit trail, is, present. Anyway, just so many basics are coming together.

I'm finding my 'real' left hand articulation after 32+ months of basics, and my balance of the instrument, flow, and bowing are have all shown remarkable improvement, for me, since I last blogged.

Within my left hand articulation, is a maturing and evolving nice vibrato. But, equal progress has been made in overcoming bad injuries I've blogged about. I'm 'very' happy to say the least.

I'm starting Suzuki 4 soon, and have been diverted by months it feels of remedial work. I missed my summer's end finish Suzuki 3 goal, but it has been every bit worth it. And I've got the end of Suzuki 3 by the tail.

After my self-imposed rest blogged here about earlier, I went through a period of feeling sorry for myself and simply playing--quite a bit. I sort of leisurely eased back into my technical program which along with playing is now approaching 2.5 hours a night again. I've also revamped my technical work adding some more advanced things, related to bowing and further improving sight reading.

The end of Suzuki 3 is kicking cool! And the end of Suzuki 4 will be too, though I'm really looking forward to Suzuki 5 most. Still it's those basics, and hand recovery successes that will mean most in the long run.

I decided tonight that I want all Suzuki repertoire near perfect. I can be myself in all other music except formal if I wish. So, because I moved so slowly in material so far, it will be a lot of work, but not as much as if I had truly, rushed through it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home