Saturday, November 25, 2006

Day 6

Had a good night--not musically so much but in other ways. Hit most elements ok, did Suzuki, worked with balance 'some'.. Made some discoveries that help alot. Cheated a bunch with Gavotte on Gm, and in doing so discovered southpaw articulation as a learning mode. We had company and I couldn't play loudly so I started finishing learning the Gavotte using just pizzicato and had it down in about 10 minutes notewise. Then I was like, when learning music separate learning the notes from bowing using articulation to balance out evolving sight reading, tired eyes and bowing. It worked like a charm. I then thought, well if not bowing when learning the notes and rhythms, why hold the instrument up? I then continued by learning most of Humoresque holding the instrrument like a guitar ,and sketched through the entire piece. I then separated learning the notes while holding the violin like a guitar with learning the rhythm while just listening to the music and simply reading along tapping it out--another success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home