Friday, October 12, 2007

October 13, 2007

I blogged at v.com last night.

Tonight, I pushed it for a little over 2.5 hours. But, even with that, I didn't get enough time on my music/songs/Suzuki. This is the second night my tuck and supporting the instrument is the high point. I'm spending a lot of time on scales -and- arpeggios with harmonic pulls as well as straight, which takes quite a bit of time. I'm feeling a need to break things out into 1.5 hour sessions: 1.5 technical, with either scales/arps on one end or same with etudes.... We shall see.

So from here, I want to slow down with my etudes, and get the arching of the arco more stable and confident. And my tuck and support should become my standard as well--it's very close to where I need to be now. Nice vibrato.... Nice shifts... Very nice tonality!.

I'm also a hot puppy after my scales in 3 8v... I'm currently still only doing two, and thought I started/promised to start adding 1 3-8v a week, have just not gotten to it yet. Consoling myself though, my double-stops are starting to ring nicely, and the earlier program I did seems to have stuck--I still have 'lots' to do here though.
I was just gliding up the entire octave tonight on sixths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home